Day 1 - 2nd March 2017 Day 2 - 21st March 2017 Aims of Fractions CPD Course • Introduce fractions and look at what they are and how we teach fractions • Look to
Day 1 – 2nd March 2017
Day 2 – 21st March 2017
Aims of Fractions CPD Course
• Introduce fractions and look at what they are and how we teach fractions
• Look to the importance of using fractions
• Explore visual strategies, from sound research, which will enhance teacher pedagogy on the subject
• Give a tremendous amount of confidence to teachers when teaching fractions
• Empower teachers in fully understanding why things work with fractions and
• Empower teachers to teach using a mastery approach for fractions
This course is a two-day course which initially starts off looking at the basics of fractions, how we introduce fractions to pupils, what to look out for and how not to teach fractions. Mohi Uddin will go through research and pedagogy to challenge your thinking of how to engage pupils when teaching fractions.
The first day will look at the basics of fractions, the didactic way of teaching fractions so pupils fully understand each sub-topic before being able to fully access the next topic, equivalent fractions, addition and subtraction. In between the two days, delegates will be asked to complete a gap task based on the work from the 1st session. On day two delegates will got through what they found from the gap task and also look at teaching multiplication, division and improper fractions. This is a very thorough CPD course on fractions which is designed to up-skill and motivate teachers who face the challenge of teaching to mastery for this topic.
KS1, KS2 and KS3 Maths teachers
Mohi Uddin is a former Head of Mathematics at a successful secondary school in North West London and
also a former Primary Headteacher. He has been an Independent Maths Consultant for over three years
and specialises in Singapore Maths. He works closely with various education based companies, like
BBC Bitesize and Maths No Problem, as well as schools all around England.
If you require an Inset day on fractions then contact us to book your training.